13/02/2010

Two good Norfolk winter ticks

Friday February 12
No Med Gulls in Great Yarmouth, must ask Keith where they've gone.
We parked in a gateway between St Olaves and Haddiscoe and, after 15 minutes, Pam was getting antsy and considering walking at Chedgrave. I persuaded her to stay another 10 mins, got my scope out (it had started to sleet) and, after a few minutes scanning,spotted a distant Short-eared Owl. I was very happy with that, having just said I'd almost prefer that to the Buzzard. One last scan and I found the Roughie sat on a broken gate post preening. Excellent.
We returned via GY seafront - still no Med - and then Caister to Winterton. Just a couple of Red-throats on the sea. We saw two Barn Owls on the way home, one just past Sea Palling sat on a roadside sign and another near Ingham.

No comments:

Post a Comment